American Tamil Entrepreneurs Association (ATEA) is a non-profit organization that fosters entrepreneurship among members of Tamil community in USA. ATEA is exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section of 501(c)(3).
ATEA was founded in 2016 in USA by a group of successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives, investors, and academicians with a goal of giving back to their community by sharing their knowledge and expertise with next generation entrepreneurs.
ATEA’s mission is to “Educate, Empower, Elevate and Expand” Entrepreneurs (5Es) at every stage of the startup business life cycle.
- Educate Emerging Entrepreneurs through ATEA Bootstrapping & Seed Funding Mentors
- Empower Early Stage Startups through ATEA Product & Funding Strategy Mentors
- Elevate Later Stage Startups through Business & Operations Strategy Advisors
- Expand Company Brand through ATEA CxO Advisors
ATEA’s initial focus will be:
- Encouraging women
- Promoting youth
- Enabling first-time entrepreneurs
ATEA is a non-profit, membership based organization with chapters in multiple regions in USA.
Currently ATEA has three regional chapters:
- Silicon Valley (West Coast)
- North East (East Coast)
- Midwest (Chicago)